with Lemon Caper Sauce, Cauliflower Rice, Roasted Garlic, and Mixed Veggies
- 2-4 mahi-mahi (dolphin) fillets
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons (divided) – 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 3 TBL capers
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 bag of frozen capri vegetables (or whatever you like)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 TBL butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut top off garlic (exposing each clove), place on aluminum foil, lightly drizzle with olive oil, and wrap tight. Place in oven for 20minutes or until soft.
- Place thawed cauliflower rice in oven safe dish, and add into the oven with garlic. You can add butter, salt and pepper to taste if you desire. Allow to cook for 10-20 minutes until edges start to lightly brown.
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, pepper, and paprika on small plate
- Press Mahi filets into mixture on both sides and shake off excess
- In frying pan, heat butter and add seasoned, floured Mahi when hot
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, remove, place on dish with higher sides
- Heat extra bag of vegetables
- In the same pan, add chicken broth, and bring to a simmer.
- In a small cup, add cornstarch and mix with a little bit of water (so it has no clumps)
- Add cornstarch mixture to simmering chicken broth and stir constantly until sauce has thickened
- Add lemon juice, simmer for just a moment, remove from heat.
- Add mixture to cooked Mahi-Mahi fillets, top with capers.
- Remove cauliflower and garlic from oven. With an oven mitt, unwrap garlic and squeeze roasted garlic into small bowl.
- Serve in a bowl with cauliflower rice on bottom, Mahi-Mahi and desired amount of sauce, vegetables, and 1-2 roasted cloves of garlic. Use extra lemon slices as needed.
- My goal is to have a meal exit the oven, stove, etc at the same time. I like all the food AHAP (as hot as possible).
- You do not need to serve with roasted garlic. This is just something my Italian blood loves
- Cooking thawed cauliflower rice in the oven gives this vegetable more of a rice consistency (to the point my husband likes it too)